Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Sunday, November 11, 2012

What would you do if...you saw someone with a black eye?

Eye makeup can enhance your eyes, when applied correctly.
Photo credit: bellasugar.com

Suppose you are sitting in a meeting at work and you look up and notice your co-worker's eye looks black. You are giving a report and stop talking mid-sentence. What do you do next?
 
It happened to me, only I was the person with the “black eye.” While my co-worker was talking, I was a little distracted and took a moment to clean my glasses. As I looked down to clean the lenses, my co-worker (who is male) said, “Is there something different about your eyes?
 
“No, I don’t think so,” I said.
 
“They look a little darker or something.”
 
“Maybe my eyeliner is smudged.”
 
“Oh, you’re wearing makeup. You don’t always wear makeup do you?”
 
“No, just sometimes.”

It became apparent that I had a little trouble with my eye makeup that day. I waited a couple of days before making another attempt at making my eyes stand out.

What would you do if you saw someone with dark circles around their eyes? Would you react differently based on how well you know the person?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment