Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Are you living in a dog house?


Photo credit: www.beautifulcoolwallpaper.wordpress.com

Are you enjoying where you live? How much time do you take to really enjoy your surroundings? A friend shared a conversation with me that she had with a co-worker.
The co-worker was looking for a place for her mother to live. She showed her mom photos of beautiful houses. Her mom’s reply was, “those people live in a dog house.”
“These are beautiful houses, what do you mean?” The coworker asked.
“The people who live there are probably never home; the dog enjoys the house more than they do.”
In our busy lives, transporting kids to school, practices, recitals, how much time do we actually spend enjoying our home? After all, you probably worked hard to make your home what it is.
Your challenge this week is to take time to soak in what you love about your home. How will you send time doing this?

2 comments:

  1. So funny you should write this because I was just thinking about this the other day. I spend so little time at home, especially during the weekdays. A few hours while Aiden and I are awake and then during the weekends. But I really like my apartment. Le sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you can play catch up and relax a little during the Holiday. I know there's always something to keep you from relaxing, especialy when you're a busy mom.

    ReplyDelete