|Photo credit: koeffeeklatchgals.hubpags.com|
It’s that time of year where pumpkins are out everywhere you look. It’s fun to carve pumpkins or decorate your yard with them. What can you do with a pumpkin besides carve it or make pumpkin pie?
My search on the web turned up lots of alternatives to simply making a pie or baking pumpkin seeds, although these are fun activities too. Below are seven non-traditional uses for a pumpkin.
1. Pumpkin Bowling – take the stem off and use the pumpkin as a bowling ball. Use a child’s bowling pin set or use two liter pop bottles as pins.
2. Make Pumpkin Muffins - click here for recipe
3. Pumpkin Centerpiece – cut the top o off the pumpkin and hollow out the inside. Arrange fresh flowers in a jar of water and place inside the pumpkin.
Photo credit: www.decoist.com
4. Plant pumpkin seeds – cut the top from a small pumpkin and scoop out everything; add soil, seeds and water. Watch your plant grow.
5. Make a bird feeder
Photo credit: thenetzfamily.com
6. Pumpkin Art – dip the bottom of a pie pumpkin in art paint and make prints on paper. Roll a pumpkin in watercolor paint, then roll the pumpkin on a long piece of paper.
7. Pumpkin Mummy – decorate a pumpkin using gauze, add googly eyes and a mouth made from black construction paper. If you’re feeling really creative, make a family of mummy pumpkins in different sizes.
Photo credit: www.shelterness.com
Do you have a favorite activity or treat that includes the use of a pumpkin?