|Finding time to laugh...at, I mean with each other.|
On any given day parenting changes its look. Sometimes its laughter, on occasion it may even include crying. It’s not above me to cry over spilled milk, broken glass, or my child’s bad grade on a spelling test. Nor is it above me to laugh out loud like a hyena at a funny situation.
You put the good times with the bad and parenting is….
Watching your kids sleep peacefully as you wonder, how before their next tirade.
- Enjoying the laughter AND the quiet moments.
- Not sweating the small stuff.
- Taking time to play together.
- Knowing that things don’t always go as planned, and that’s ok.
- Unconditional love.
- Learning to laugh at yourself.
If you heard that a good hearty laugh burns belly fat, would you laugh more? An article titled, Laughing can help you loose weight, said that scientists believe laughter gives the body a “mini aerobic” workout (www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/4221778/Laughing-can-help-you-lose-weight.htm). Lose weight?, that’s all I needed to hear. I started laughing right away.
Find a reason each day to laugh at something. Below are a few quotes about parenting to get you started:
- “You know your children are growing up when they stop asking you where they came from and refuse to tell you where they’re going.” – A.J. O’Rourke
- “When my kids become wild and unruly, I use a nice, safe playpen. When they’re finished I climb out.” – Erma Bombeck
- “Human beings are the only creatures on earth that allow their children to come back home.” – Bill Cosby
- “A two-year-old is kind of like having a blender, but you don’t have a top for it.” – Jerry Seinfeld