Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Sunday, November 4, 2012

What would you do if you saw someone with a spot on their clothing?


Photo credit: www.squido.com


Suppose you were working out at a fitness center and a woman near you was doing squats. When you glance in her direction you notice that she has a brown spot on her butt, large enough to be noticeable. Would you tell her or pretend you don’t see it?
A woman at the fitness center I frequent told me this actually happened to her. She was focused on getting her squats done, oblivious to fact that anything was wrong. To top things off she was working out near a group of men AND the spandex pants she was wearing were a little thinner than she realized.
As fate would have it the woman did not discover her wardrobe dysfunction until she got home. The reason for the spot on her bottom was due to a chocolaty granola bar she had eaten in the car. Pieces of chocolate had fallen onto the seat, never to be seen again…by her.
Many times we don’t know any details of a situation when something looks out of place. In this case the chocolate obviously looked like something other than chocolate. Would you approach the person and say anything?

2 comments:

  1. Oh, wow, Angela, that's a tough one. I usually discreetly tell people when something is out of place, like a zipper undone, lipstick on the teeth, etc. But I honestly don't know what I would have done in this situation. ...embarrassing moment indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I thought this was a touh one too. I would have felt embarrassed for the person if I said something only to discover it wasn't chocolate.

    ReplyDelete