Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Friday, November 23, 2012

What happens when kids are cranky?

Photo credit: diminishinglucy.com.

Have you ever had one of those days where you wake up cranky? Well kids also fall prey to the cranky morning syndrome. This week as we peek through the lens of parenting through the alphabet we’ll look at the letter ‘c’ and a ‘cranky’ child.
My son became Cranky, The 7 Dwarfs cousin, when he asked me a question and I couldn’t understand what he was saying. He had his back to me as he poured a bowl of cereal. Here’s how the conversation went:

“Ma, do you have any money so I can get…mumble, mumble, mumble?”
“What?”

“Do you have any money so I can get a bear clip?”
“What is a bear clip?” I asked puzzled.

“Never mind!”
Frustration had set in for him, but I pursued the conversation further.

“Tell me what you’re talking about.”
“I said can I get my HAIR CUT?”

“Ohhhh, sure you can go after school. I turned my back to him and laughed to myself.
My son’s crankiness didn’t last long. Teens seem to get cranky over any little thing then it passes over like a brief rain shower. I’m learning to relax and remain calm. It doesn’t always happen this way, but I’m a work in progress.

What happens when you experience a cranky child?

4 comments:

  1. My son wakes up cranky pretty much every morning that I wake him up and he doesn't get up on his own when he's ready to get up. Makes sense? I usually just leave him be because I'm not a morning person and I know how it feels to not want anyone to talk to you so early in the morning. LOL. But when he wakes up on his own, he's a JOY! All smiles and everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes!! I love when the kids wake up on their own. It makes for a nie start to the morning. May you have more mornings of joy (-:

    ReplyDelete
  3. I put myself in the cooler. I can't handle my daughter's crankiness!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...the things our kids cause us to do. lol.

    ReplyDelete