Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Friday, June 15, 2012

Celebrating Father's Day – What are your fondest memories?

Artwork by my dad- Ron Scarbough


As a child I remember making pictures and signing Father’s Day cards for my grandfather, affectionately known as Daddy Bob. His gifts included the typical monogram handkerchiefs or a tie.
Some of my fondest memories with Daddy Bob are milestone times in my life. Occasionally he drove me to school during my middle school years. He let me drive his Cadillac during high school. He drove me back to school during college years, and he walked me down the aisle at my wedding.

It wasn’t until later years that I established a relationship with my father. It was a great treat to have him make my wedding cake. Some of my creative juices come from my father, as he is an artist by profession. I should clarify by saying I don’t draw, but I do have a passion for writing and other forms of art.
Today I send out words of gratitude to all of the special dads (grandfathers, husbands, brothers, uncles) for all that you do.



WHAT MAKES A DAD

God took the strength of a mountain,
The majesty of a tree,
The warmth of a summer sun,
The calm of a quiet sea,


The generous soul of nature,
The comforting arm of night,
The wisdom of the ages,
The power of the eagles flight,


The joy of a morning in spring,
The faith of a mustard seed,
The patience of eternity,
The depth of a family need,


Then God combined these qualities,
When there was nothing more to add,
He knew his masterpiece was complete,
And so, He called it ... Dad

Author Unknown

 What are your fondest memories of spending time with the father figure in your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment