Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Friday, June 8, 2012

Tips for keeping a prayer journal

It doesn't take much to begin your prayer journal.

I recently read an article titled, Tips for keeping a prayer journal and thought I would share this with you. I have always been a journal keeping kind of girl, but I have not specifically had a prayer journal. The article indicated that a prayer journal is a good way to deepen your faith and to spend time with God.

The tips given for keeping a prayer journal include the following:

Write down your prayer requests
“Instead of worrying about everything, pray about anything.” It doesn’t matter how large or small anything can be taken to God in prayer. Many times I pray for my kids and they don’t even know it. It could be a prayer about their day at school, behavior situations or their safety.

Praise God for His blessings
Think of things that you are grateful for. We can thank God for the basic blessings that define our lives, like family, food and friends. The author of the article said, she writes down 5 things that she is thankful for. She included things like – “I am thankful for the funny email received from a friend. It helped me start my day with a smile.”

Write down a scripture
“The prayer journal isn’t just about you talking to God, but you listening to Him and waiting on His word.”  As you write down scriptures, this helps to deepen your faith and can also be a point of reflection later.

To view the full article visit www.o5.com/tips-for-keeping-a-prayer-journal/.

What tips do you have for starting a prayer journal?


No comments:

Post a Comment