Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Monday, June 25, 2012

A picture is worth a thousand words – capturing kids in candid photos


I had to go to JoAnn’s (fabric/craft store) to purchase a few items for a class I was planning to teach. My kids think it’s a fate worse than death to go with me to JoAnn’s. The moans of agony began as soon as we pulled into the parking lot. “Do we have to go? How long are we going to be in here?”
This trip was different than my typical shopping for material to make a throw blanket or article of clothing. This time I only needed craft supplies. Luckily for me and the boys there was a $1 bin near the front of the store.

There was a variety of masks on sticks that kids could decorate. Of course my kids had to try them out and take pictures of each other.
Once we left the $1 bin, there were more treasures to be found in the back of the store and more opportunities for crazy photos. I don’t think my kids realize that I save all of their photos and I plan to use them when they graduate from school.

The photos also create memories that will last a lifetime. Photos from our shopping trip to JoAnn’s are below.








Chef "Homeboyarde" -  He gave himself this name.



I’m surprised we didn’t get kicked out of the store.
Have you ever caught your kids doing something silly? Your challenge this week is to capture your child doing something silly or funny and report back next week. Tell how it made you feel…did you laugh, scream, join them?


No comments:

Post a Comment