Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Monday, June 11, 2012

Live out loud – do something that you’ve never done



“If you want your life to be a magnificent story, then begin by recognizing you are the author & every day you have the opportunity to write a new page.” By Mark Houlahan.

 I came across the above quote and it made me stop and think about the daily routine of parenting. Although there are things that have to be accomplished each day, we shouldn’t beat ourselves up over the things that don’t get done. We have the opportunity to start over the next day.
As parents we often put our needs and wants on hold to take care of the needs of our children. Is there something that you have always wanted to do, but never got around to doing it? Perhaps the time is now to write a new page in your life. You don’t have to wait for New Year’s resolutions as your starting point, be like the Nike slogan and Just do it!

Live out loud and try something you’ve never done before or haven’t done in a long time. I used to be a hula hoop champion in fifth grade and yes I remember back that far. The kids at my job had the hula hoops out one day and I decided to join them. The hula hoop went around my waist one revolution before it hit the floor, but I can still keep it going around my arms.
Trying something new may require you to step out of your comfort zone. Sometimes we have to do this to realize opportunities that are placed before us. Don’t miss your opportunity.

Make a resolution this week to do something different or start something new. Add a new page to your life using brilliant colors. What would your new page look like?

No comments:

Post a Comment