Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Friday, August 10, 2018

Fun Friday – Yard work

photo credit: Ryan Homes

It was a breezy summer afternoon as I watched my son from a kitchen window as he pushed the lawn mower across the backyard. I had just awakened from a Sunday afternoon nap. Feeling rested, I decided to venture outside and help whip the yard into shape.

Armed with a broom, I whisked and swayed stray grass from side to side across my driveway. Snow White’s friends the Seven Dwarfs, whistled while they worked, I hummed a few tunes as I worked. It wasn’t long before the front yard looked presentable.

I moved to the backyard to assist my son with pulling weeds. It was at that time I learned that my son discovered a snakeskin. It was not a snake skin purse, nor was it snake skin shoes. It was just snake skin, lying in a corner of the yard near the house.

My son said, “The snake probably came around to catch one of the field mice that have been digging holes near the house.”

I stared at him and said, “I’m done with yard work for the rest of the year.” I threw my work gloves down and retreated to the house to read a book. I left the snake and the mice to fight amongst themselves…for the time being.

The next time you think you’re to tackle a little yard work, be prepared for the unexpected.
Have you had any out of the ordinary yard work experiences?

No comments:

Post a Comment