Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Monday, August 13, 2018

Motivational Monday – Going nuts over health – 3 benefits of eating nuts



I rummaged through one kitchen cabinet after another, searching for snacks to toss in my lunch bag. More specifically, I wanted nuts. Like a squirrel on a mission my claws grabbed the first pack of nuts in view. Once at work and ready for a snack, I retrieved the bite sized pack from my bag.

As I held the package of nuts in my hand, I tilted my head. In the voice of the famous cartoon dog Scooby Doo, I said Rut Ro. I had grabbed a pack of nuts that said Men’s Health. These must have been left behind when my son went back to school.

Men’s Health. I hesitated for only a moment then ripped open the pack. As I munched I kept thinking, I hope I don’t sound like a man when I open my mouth to speak. I looked in the hand- held mirror at my desk, to make sure my chin hairs hadn’t grown longer.

I just wanted nuts, I didn’t need any benefits of men’s health, whatever that may be. Despite my episode in men’s health, there are benefits to eating nuts. Below are 3 benefits from the experts in health and nutrition.

·         Studies have indicated that people who eat nuts live longer than those who don’t.
·         Eating nuts may help reduce risk factors for chronic diseases such as heart disease and diabetes.
·         Nuts are high in fiber – fiber “helps you feel full and reduces the number of calories you absorb from meals (healthline.com).

Some experts say you chose unsalted, dry roasted nuts whenever possible, for better health benefits.  Please eat responsibly and do your research. Too much of anything I not good. I’m not the expert, just a girl who loves peanuts, almonds, cashews, Brazil nuts and so on.

What food motivates you to eat healthy?


No comments:

Post a Comment