Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Sunday, October 21, 2012

What would you do? – How would you respond to an outrageous situation?

Photo courtesy: www.mylot.com


There’s a television news magazine broadcast that occasionally airs on ABC TV called, What Would You Do? The show takes a look at various ethical dilemmas or other outrageous situations. The scenarios played out cause one to think about how they would handle the situation presented.
I thought it would be fun to take a look at the lighter side of “What Would You Do?” Here is your scenario for today…

What would you do if you left the house for the day then realized that you hadn’t brushed your teeth? Now imagine you’re a teenager on your way to school.

While driving my son to the bus stop for school one day, I asked him a question. When he opened his mouth to respond, I felt my eyes begin to water. I said, “Did you brush your teeth?”
“No, I was rushing and forgot. Do you have any gum?”

Once we reached the bus stop, I searched frantically in the bottom of my purse. No gum, no mints. I told him, “Go to breakfast when you get to school, drink some juice or something and try not to say too many “H” words.”
My son smiled and waved as he exited the car.

What would you do in the case of a bad breath discovery?

 

2 comments:

  1. Oh, that's awful! I think I'd tell my kid to rinse out his mouth with water as soon as he got to school. Then I'd probably deliver his toothbrush and toothpaste so he could brush his teeth after lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that's a good idea. Maybe I should even keep a new toothbrush in the car.

    ReplyDelete