Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Monday, October 22, 2012

What do you do when your child experiences that ah-ha moment?



Have you ever experienced a moment where the light comes on in your mind and you come to the realization about something? My son and I shared a ah-ha moment recently.
On the way to school one day I noticed my son was wearing shorts and a t-shirt. It was an October morning where the weather could turn on you in the blink of an eye. He was planning to go to an evening football game after school.

In my infinite mom wisdom I said, “You might want to take a pair of long pants and a jacket.” He responded with, “Oh, yeah” and went back inside the house for sweatpants and a hoodie.

Later that night when I picked my son up after the game, the temperature had dropped and there was blowing rain. As he jumped in the car he said, “I’m glad I have a mother.”

“Why do you say that?” I asked.
“Because I would have been freezing if you hadn’t reminded me to take a pair of pants.”

That statement was my sons’ way of showing gratitude. It was also a ah-ha moment for him and for me. He realized that sometimes the things that mom says serve a purpose. The epiphany for me was that sometimes my son does appreciate the things that I do for him.
So what do you do when your child experiences that ah-ha moment…? Ride the wave with him and enjoy the moment.

What ah-ha moment have you experienced lately?

 

2 comments:

  1. "Sometimes the things that moms say serve a purpose." AMEN!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think my kids have experienced that Ah-ha moment yet. Still waiting! LOL!

    ReplyDelete