Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Friday, October 12, 2012

What happens when you don’t read labels carefully?

Photo courtesy of mountainside-medical.com.

The other day I had an annoying cough and a slight sore throat, so I purchased a bag of cough drops. I didn’t think I needed to read the information on the package. I only read the information because I was experiencing writer’s block and the package was sitting next to me.
I was sitting at my computer sucking on one soothing cough drop after another as I typed, then just stared at the computer. When my words were no longer forming sentences, I picked up the cough drop package and read:

Directions:  Adults…dissolve 1 drop slowly in the mouth. Repeat every 2 hours as needed.
Other Information:  “…excessive consumption may have a laxative effect; 5 calories per drop.

I followed part of the directions correctly; the drops dissolved slowly, but I had eaten 6 or 7 of them within one hour. Panic set in. These are 5 calories each?! I didn’t need any more calories. AND they may act as a laxative. Did I mention that it was 10:00pm? It was not a good time for a laxative.
I survived the night without any traumatic incidents, but I learned a lesson…don’t take the little things for granted.

The next time I have a sore throat I will stick to drinking tea, eating chicken noodle soup and devouring peppermints.

Do you always read labels?


Before you leave this page please take a minute and vote for my blog at Top Mommy Blogs

Thanks!
Angie

 

2 comments:

  1. Ha! That's not really funny, but I've been there before where I didn't read the label at first and then PANICKED once I did read the label. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah Alicia, it was funny. If you can't laugh at your self, who can you laugh at? Thanks for sharing the laugh.

    ReplyDelete