Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Wednesday, September 2, 2020

Wellness Wednesday – The Laughter Project

 


It’s September already, soon the season will transition from summer to fall. What season of life are you in? Do you want to focus on your finances, job changes, or perhaps your health? All these things tie in with your overall health and wellness.

You’re probably wondering where laughter fits in with all of this. You may have heard me say this before – laughter has health benefits (click here for benefits). I won’t list them, but here’s one of my favorites:

Laughter burns calories

If laughter burns calories, does that mean I can walk around randomly laughing all day? That’s better than any workout plan I can come up with.

Disclaimer: I wouldn’t give up my workout, but the thought of laughter as my main source of exercise brought a smile to my face.

Now for the Laughter Project. Your challenge for the month of September is to begin  Humor Journal. Make notes on anything that you find funny or brings a smile to your face. It could be a funny quote, funny meme, or a picture of people laughing. Don’t make this hard, keep it simple and fun.

We’ll check in here each Wednesday to share stories, tips, or things you’ve discovered about laughter and humor.

A laugh a day keeps stress at bay. Go find some laughs.

No comments:

Post a Comment