Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Wednesday, September 9, 2020

Wellness Wednesday – The Laughter Project Too

 

The challenge in week one was to create a Humor Journal. The Humor Journal is your collection of funny thoughts, quote, drawings, or anything that makes you smile. What made you smile last week?

Here is something I found interesting in the past week.

Visiting a Relative

I visited a relative on Labor Day and enjoyed chatting and breaking bread together. As I sat at the dining room table, I began to swing my legs playfully as they dangled. The thought struck me, I’m sitting in a high chair of sorts.

My thoughts took me down a path of… As infants we ate our food while sitting in highchairs, kicking and screaming to get out when done. As adults we hop up onto highchairs with glee, kicking and swinging our legs because we’re having fun. I guess this is one example of how our perspective changes as we grow older.

I’ll leave you with a thought for the day – “Humor is the best icebreaker” (8,789 Words of Wisdom by Barbara Ann Kipfer).

YouTube Video Credit: Tim Hawkins - Christian Comedy

May your day be filled with laughter. Take note of what makes you smile this week.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment