Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Friday, June 25, 2021

Fun Friday – Tales from Parenthood

 

Have you ever struggled to get your child to brush his teeth?

Have you ever heard the saying, there’s never a dull moment? I’ve found this to be true in the world of parenting. I asked a few friends about their episodes and here’s the result:

Singing to baby

My friend Mary reflected on a time when she sang to her children. “I never was a good singer,” she told me. “I tried singing lullaby’s, and they started crying.”

 

Teeth Brushing is important

During a doctor’s visit when my son was younger, the doctor asked, “How often do you brush your teeth?”

He tilted his head and look sheepishly at me and said, “Sometimes.”

The doctor tilted her head and turned to me, “Mom, you have to brush for him, if he won’t do it.”

I smiled, or rather I smirked, and didn’t say what I really wanted to say. I tried brushing his teeth, I even tried scare tactics by telling him his teeth would fall out. His response was, “I’ll grow new ones.”

Now that my son is college age…not much has changed. The dental office consistently calls me and says, “It’s time to schedule your son’s appointment.”

My response is the same every time, “I’ll let him know.” Then I texted him a gentle reminder, “MAKE YOUR DENTAL APPOINTMENT.”

In a different parenting episode, I shared with my mom that I was running late for work because I was putting on make up and brushing my teeth.

My mom suggested, “Maybe you could just brush SOME of your teeth.”

 

There is never a dull moment during parenthood. Share one of your humorous episodes in parenting.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment