Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Friday, June 11, 2021

Fun Friday – Make Happiness a Habit

 


Happiness is…

How would you complete that statement? For me, happiness is…finding the funny wherever I can.

I miss my son when he is away at school. The house just isn’t the same…it’s clean. He came home one day in the middle of the week, and I said, “While you’re here, can you cut the grass for me.”

Perhaps I used a poor choice of words, my son huffed and puffed like the Wolf in the story of the Three Little Pigs, then said, “You’re spoiled Ma.”

“You drove an hour from your plush college apartment with a gift of dirty laundry for me, but I’m spoiled? I’m sure if you Google search the word spoiled, there is a picture of you.”

You would have thought I asked him to cut the grass blade by blade with kiddie scissors. Hmph.

My son and I often banter back and forth with humor. When he was in high school, my son visited a friend who was well to do. He came home and said, “Ma, Sam is rich.”

“It’s okay…we’re funny.”

I’ve heard it said that it takes 21 days to form a habit. Let’s go with that number. For the next 21 days find things that stir up happiness for you. In your happiness quotient include humor:

·         re-tell funny family stories.

·         send a funny card to a friend.

·         watch a comedy show.


Just because you visited my blog, you’re invited to a virtual Comedy Showcase (Monday, June 14, 7pm Eastern). I’m in the line up along with several funny friends. Join us for this free event. Register now to reserve your spot.

Happiness is…laughter.

Happiness is…whatever you want it to be.

Happiness is…a component of your well-being.

Make happiness a habit.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment