Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Monday, April 12, 2021

Monday Musings – National Gardening Day

 


The sunshine pushed its’ way through the vertical blinds, warming my kitchen and everything in its path. This was the morning I decided to operate. I’m not a medical doctor, a psychologist, nor a plant doctor. It was evident that sunny day I almost killed…my house plant. It was so vibrant and growing profusely.

Did you know that National Gardening Day is celebrated on April 14th? It’s a day created to give gardeners a “shove and a shovel so they can begin their gardening journey (NationalToday.com).” Studies have shown that plants keep you happier and healthier as they offer psychological and physical benefits – improving mood, reducing fatigue, and lowering stress and anxiety.

In my case, I’m a novice gardener just beginning to branch out from house plants to outdoor plants and flowers. Even the simple task of repotting my indoor plant sent me into a panic. All I wanted to do was to break off a section of my plan and share it with a friend. However, a few days after I repotted my plant, it looked droopy and leaned to one side. I thought I would have to begin plant CPR.



National Gardening Day was also established to encourage gardeners to share their expertise. If you have a passion for gardening, please  share a success tip for those of us just getting started. If you have a photo of your garden feel free to post it in the comments.

How will you celebrate National Gardening Day? Below are three tips from national day dot com (click for full details).

1.      Sign up for a gardening course.

2.      Visit your local garden center.

3.      Share on social media.


As the sunshine transitioned behind clouds and day became night, my plant survived and began to thrive again. For National Gardening Day join me in taking advantage of the beauty of flowers, plant and all the benefits gardening has to offer.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment