Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Monday, April 5, 2021

Motivational Monday – Order My Steps

 

Order my steps...

“The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord: and he delighteth in his way.” Psalm 37:23

How do you walk through your day? A long day at work can leave one feeling drained, worn out, and sapped of energy. Judging by the trail of shoes near my front door, that’s exactly what happened.

As I kicked off my shoes at the end of the day, I plopped onto the couch to unwind. In a brief moment of relaxation, I glanced at the shoes, and reflected on my day. The position of the shoes remined me of the gospel song, Order My Steps. The lyrics to the song say, “Order my steps in your word dear Lord. Lead me, guide me every day.”

Beginning the day with prayer is one way to prepare yourself for the day ahead. You fuel your body with food and your car with gas, it’s important to fuel your mind as well. Read a devotional, meditate, engage in something peaceful at the start of your day. You’ll find that you get more milage to get through your day.

If you ask God to order your steps, be ready to move your feet. If you say, Lord help me to get along with Karen today, she aggravates me; be ready for how he answers. When Karen comes up to you with a negative attitude, murmuring and complaining, resist the urge to cuss her out in your head (or out loud). Your steps are being ordered. How will you handle the situation?

If you need a reminder to calm yourself, get one of those W.W.J.D. bracelets and slide it on your wrist. You may remember them from the 1990’s, the thin wristband held acronym W.W.J.D. which stood for What Would Jesus Do. The significance of the bracelet was to remind the wearer to “act in a manner that would demonstrate the love of Jesus through their actions.”

You don’t have to run this race called life, alone. Let your steps be ordered by the Lord. Begin each day in a quiet place, do something that provides you with peace or inspiration. Fill your spiritual with something positive. Before you respond to a situation think about the W.W.J.D. bracelet. 

YouTube Video Credit: account5able

What would Jesus do?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment