Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Friday, April 16, 2021

Feel Good Friday – Stress Awareness Month


Wedding, baby showers, and graduation open house are all considered positive stress. On the other side of the coin is negative stress such as, job loss, health issues and other less than ideal situations. April is Stress Awareness Month, how will you celebrate?

In my household graduation season is upon us, an exciting time for sure. The positive and negative stressors are rolling around in my head like two kids wrestling? Seating is limited due to COVID, who will attend? Do we travel in two cars and let other family members celebrate with us after the ceremony? Stress.

That traditional graduation song, Pomp and Circumstance played in my head as I created a list of all the tasks to be completed before graduation day. I had to press pause and take my own advice for tackling stress…Find something that you enjoy doing and do it often.

Some of the experts I’ve come across suggest ways to destress. Below are 5 suggestions that you may find helpful:

1.      Read – read something inspirational to start your day and at the end of your day.

2.      Exercise – before you turn your nose up at this suggestion, I’m not suggesting that you train for a marathon. Just get up and move your body, take a brisk walk. You may be surprised by how clear your mind feels afterward. If it doesn’t, repeat the process.

3.      Make a change – do something different – rearrange a room, declutter a desk or closet.

4.      Help someone else – putting the focus on someone else takes the focus off your challenges.

5.      Laugh – if you’re a regular follower of my blog, you know I’ll throw laughter in when and wherever I can. You’re probably familiar with all the popular sayings – laughter is good for the soul. Laughter is good medicine, etc.

Here’s how you engage in laughter: ready a funny story, watch a funny movie, or go to a comedy show. Guess what? I’m in a comedy show with some funny friends and you’re invited. The show is FREE, but you must register early to reserve you spot. It’s a Zoom show that you can enjoy from your favorite comfy chair at home.



We all experience stress, managing it appropriately is key to finding balance in our lives. During Stress Awareness Month make an extra effort to be aware of what triggers stress for you and try a new way of handling it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment