Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Monday, November 23, 2020

Motivational Monday – Thanksgiving

 

A past Thanksgiving - when we could gather we made the most of it. Treasure your family.

Thanksgiving – the expression of gratitude, especially to God. We all have something to be thankful for, even in the midst of challenging situations.

During this season of living through a pandemic, many people are not able to enjoy family in their usual manner. I was planning to visit my mom for Thanksgiving and do what we usually do-eat, watch a movie, then fall asleep during the movie.

Then along came my brother saying, “We can meet at Mama’s house. What are you bringing?”

I said, “We?” If “we” go I’m bringing bleach, Lysol and hand sanitizer.” I knew my brother was referring to food, but I thought I would lighten the situation. My brother and I planned to have dinner with my mother, without our adult children…that has even changed with the latest “stay home” mandate.

How do you save Thanksgiving? Come up with a new recipe…

A Thanksgiving of Hope -  Recipe

1 Cup of Love

1 T of Joy

2 tsp Patience

Mix with gratitude

Serve warm and in large portions

Don’t be overwhelmed by things out of your control. I will go visit my mother, but it may not be the same day that my brother goes. How does that saying go…every day is a day of thanksgiving?

Give thanks for all that God has done and continues to do in your life. What are you thankful for in this moment?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment