Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Friday, November 27, 2020

Feel Good Friday – Daily Bread – Faith and Thanksgiving

 

Photo Credit: Catholic News TT

It is the day after Thanksgiving in the United States, what are you feasting on? Traditionally families come together to enjoy a feast and fellowship. There is often food left over that can be eaten the next day. Let’s feast on leftovers today, figuratively speaking.

We need daily bread to nourish not only our bodies, but our souls as well. Feed your soul and seek God for your daily direction, refuse to live stressed out. Nibble on this, God’s got this. Whatever you’re facing is a stumbling block that can be turned into a steppingstone. Count your blessings and put God first.

Be hungry for the love and word of God, and you will find nourishment. Not sure where to start? Start with a word of Thanksgiving – Lord I thank you for all you have already done. Now, that’s just my thought, your words may be different. Trust the Lord for all things large and small.

I woke up one morning with a pounding headache, It hurt to lift my head off the pillow. I forced myself to sit up, then felt nauseous. I rolled out of bed and said, “Lord I don’t want to be sick. Especially since I have the day off work tomorrow.” I shuffled to the medicine cabinet for an aspirin, popped one into my mouth, then sat down and listened to a morning meditation.

A warm cup of coffee in one hand and an ink pen in the other. I journaled as I listened to the soothing meditation. I refused to go down without a fight. I had plans for the day, mainly I wanted to get the house ready for Christmas. It wasn’t long before my headache disappeared, and I hung my Christmas lights.

In minutes, I assembled my artificial tree with the pre-lit lights, sprayed a burst of pine scent from a can, and sat. Watching the lights was peaceful. Perched on an end table next to me was a favorite snack – Cheez Its and Sparkling Ice water, accompanied by a daily devotional. These items were part of my daily bread.

I am thankful for each day I awake with energy, and my health. It’s not perfect, but it’s good. Today I am feasting on leftovers – memories of time spent with family.

What are you giving thanks for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment