Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Friday, August 21, 2020

Fun Friday – Finding Humor During a Pandemic

 

During this pandemic that we’re experiencing have you ever felt like one day blends into the next? If you answered yes, you’re not alone. My son is preparing to return to college. He asked me to remind him of an item he wanted to take. My response was, “I don’t even know what day it is.”

We can all use a little humor to help de-stress. Below are a few situations I’ve experienced that caused me to stop and say, hmmm.

Seasonal Allergies

While shopping, a lady saw me trying to decide which allergy relief to buy, she said, “Oh you have seasonal allergies too.”

I said, “No, I have allergies every day.”

Temperature

The new normal during COVID-19 is taking a lot of getting used to. Many establishments have a screening process. After you enter the building a greeter takes your temperature and you answer 3 screening questions.

                                                                                           

I’ve done this so much that after I entered one of our offsite offices, I belted out 97.5. The greeter said, “Huh? Is that  your favorite radio station?”

“No. that’s my temperature.”

 Hand Sanitizer

It is my understanding that the recommended amount of alcohol that is supposed to be in had sanitizer is 60%.

I was at a store one day, on my way out I put my hand under one of those touchless dispensers and rubbed my hands together.  As I left a strong odor hit my nostrils. It was the hand sanitizer. It smelled like Vodka. I frowned as I mumbled to myself, is this 100 proof?

I thought I’d put my hands under a distillery, not a dispenser.

Skinny Pop Popcorn

A friend introduced me to Skinny Pop brand popcorn. Now I’m hooked. But just wondering…will I get skinny if I eat it by the handfuls?

Speaking of popcorn…You better watch out with eating a lot of popcorn. Dental hygienist don’t like it when you eat popcorn. My hygienist was cleaning my teeth. She had smirk on her face when she said, 

“When did you have popcorn?”

 “Three weeks ago.”

 “You’re making my job hard.”

 What situations are you finding funny lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment