Mother’s Day this year will look different than year’s past, but it can still be magical. As we continue to practice social distancing and self-quarantining due to COVID-19, it may not be feasible to visit our moms, grandmothers, or other mother figures. What can you do to make their Mother’s Day magical?
Whether you are near your mom or a significant distance away, consider these 5 ways for sprinkling a little magic dust on her day.
1. Dance Party – create a playlist of songs, put on your boogie shoes, and face time your mom or set up a Zoom call. If your mom lives nearby drive by her house and dance outside. Dance as though no one is watching, although they might be.
2. Send Flowers – there’s something about flowers that brightens a room.
3. Have dinner delivered – does mom have a favorite restaurant? There are delivery services such as Door Dash and Uber Eats that are just a call away.
4. Watch a mother-themed movie – you may have to be creative with this one. If you are able to visit your mom this is easy. If you can’t visit, decide on a time that you will both watch the same movie at the same time. Here are a few favorites to start with:
Imitation of Life
5. Buy a book – support your local independent bookstore, purchase a book, journal or special keepsake item. While you’re at it, grab a book for yourself. You deserve it too.
6. Create a video – lights, camera, action…grab your phone and record you and your kids doing something silly or read a poem. Send your video to mom.
Above all else, create a lasting memory. What would you add to the list of ways to make Mother’s Day magical?
Wishing all of you who are mothers or mother figures an over-the-top, fantastic Mother’s Day.