Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Friday, May 1, 2020

Fun Friday – Life with a Side of Silly

Practice being silly - This sign was spotted while I was out walking my neighborhood.
Yes, I obeyed the sign and so did my sons


When was the last time you did something silly? There is a gospel song with the lyrics, “Sometimes you have to encourage yourself…” Allow yourself to ease up on your inhibitions and let your inner child come out to play. A little silly goes a long way in encouraging and uplifting your day.

Is it just me?
Is it just me or do random thought pop into your head sometimes that cause you to laugh out loud? My hands have been extremely dry due to excessive handwashing during this time of viruses. I’ll spare you the details on the dryness of my feet. Anyway, I set off to the store in search of Vaseline because ordinary lotions were not relieving the ashen tone of my hands.

On two different occasions and two different stores, the shelves were bare of Vaseline. I did not want to make a third trip to the store that week. Then I remembered what one store clerk told me, “You can check the baby section. Sometimes Vaseline is there too.”

I moved expeditiously to the baby section of the store. I looked high and I looked low, no Vaseline. Until at eye level I saw something else…Aquaphor. Aquaphor is pretty much the same consistency of petroleum jelly (Vaseline), at least in my eyes it’s the same.

Just as I was about to grab the Aquaphor and toss it into my shopping cart, I read the small print. “Relieves diaper rash within 6 hours.”

Aquaphor - Will this work for my tough adult skin?

I didn’t have a diaper rash, nor did I have a baby at home. The Vaseline would have to wait until my next trip to the store.

Working from Home
If you’re not used to working from home, be prepared for a learning curve. Things you’ll need to determine are: Where do I set up my office? Does my printer still work? How many trips to the fridge do I allow myself? Yes, you read that right. Some days I find the need to social distance myself from the refrigerator.

What can be done in place of making excessive amounts of trips to the fridge? I tried dancing and drinking water before reaching for a snack. A peek at my effort can be found in the video below.




College Students Surviving COVID-19 at Home
What can be fun about being in a crisis? Absolutely nothing. How do you cope with a crisis? Create an outlet. And that is what three college students did. Check out the video below.



When was the last time you did something silly?


No comments:

Post a Comment