Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Wellness Wednesday – A Financial Health Check-up

Photo Credit: Christianbooks.com


When was the last time you had a check-up…a financial check-up? Perhaps your finances are feeling flabby, not in the shape you want them to be in. It’s time for a check-up.

“Get your financial house in order” is what author Michelle Singletary advises. I recently picked up a copy of her book, The 21 Day Financial Fast, Your Path to Financial Peace and Freedom.

We cleanse from food, why not cleanse from spending? If you are hungry for financial freedom, get ready to cleanse your finances. In the book, Ms. Singletary stats that fasting is about obedience. She compares the financial fast to Biblical figures who fasted like Moses, David, and Daniel.

The author’s prayer is that you and I learn “biblical principles and practical tools to achieve the prosperity that God promises.” If you want to join this fast pick up a copy of the book at your local library or bookstore.

I was not asked to write a review of this book. I happened to come across the book title and was intrigued. The information I’ve shared here was from the introduction to the book. I’ll begin reading chapter one soon. If you want to join me, let me know and we’ll begin together and check back in a month.

It’s time to tone your flabby finances. Let’s do it.



No comments:

Post a Comment