Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Monday, May 21, 2012

Monday Musings – What board game (or other game) describes your life?


As I worked on spring cleaning, I blew the dust off some of the board games my kids used to enjoy. Organizing the games led me to ponder the question, “Which of these games relate to my life right now.” The game Clue was my first choice.
You may be familiar with the game – each player has to determine who committed the crime. Players have to identify in what room the crime was committed and identify the weapon used. It could be that Miss Scarlet, Mr. Green or Colonel Mustard committed a crime in the Kitchen, Library or Ballroom using a knife, lead pipe or rope.

In my case it would be that Mrs. Verges, committed the crime in the Study using a keyboard. Yes, I would be the culprit. My crime? Attempting to work on my writing at the computer without kid interruptions.

I posted a sign on our “Study” room door that said gone writing, but the kids still burst through the door. I guess they didn’t have a Clue that the sign meant that I didn’t want to be disturbed.



On different occasions each son has been the culprit in our true to life game of Clue. Joshua was the first guilty party… In the Kitchen with the butter knife. His assignment was to unload the dishwasher.  He unloaded all of the dishes except the butter knives. When asked why he left the knives, his response was, “You never want me to handle the sharp objects.”
He’s 12, I believe the butter knives are safe to handle.

Another unthinkable act was committed in the Living Room with a rope, a jump rope. Somebody moved the couch and the coffee table and proceeded to conduct their workout. Nothing was returned to its original location and no one confessed to having the rope, but I’m pretty sure it was Donovan.
When I think about the game Clue as it relates to my life, I realize that each day is a mystery. Will chores be completed without delay? Will homework be completed without prodding? It doesn’t hurt to dream.

What board game can you relate to your life?


3 comments:

  1. I can't even remember very many board games anymore, but two that I love are Taboo and Twister. So much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, there. Does anyone here know who owns the copyright for this image above of the woman with her head on the desk?

      Delete
  2. Good Karma Girl - I'm not sure who owns the rights to the image. A friend printed it from the internet and laminated it for me. I just snapped a photo of it.

    ReplyDelete