Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Monday, June 19, 2023

Muffins with Mom – The Lighter Side of Car Repairs

 


Is there anyone among us who likes costly auto repairs? When I am told that my car needs repairs, I break out in a sweat, clench my jaws, and temporarily stop breathing. The price is written on a piece of paper and slid across the counter to me.

I stared at the numbers scratched on the paper. I blew out a gush or air so strong, that the service guy could probably smell the purple onions and Raspberry vinegarette dressing from my salad at lunchtime.

“Let me think about whether I want to have this done right now,” I said to the service person.

When I returned home, I shared my repair situation with my son. He shared his viewpoint with me.

“Ma, that’s not something that you really need right now. Think of it like this…your chip a fingernail and they want you to get a new set, but all you really need is a fill-in.”

“When did you learn nail tech language?”

“I’m just trying to explain things in a way you would understand.”


Since my son painted a clear picture (pun intended, newly painted nails and all), I decided not to go with the cosmetic repairs.

Instead of crying over the money I would have to spend on car repairs, my son provided me with a moment of humor relief.

Where are you finding humor – at work, a family situation, perhaps an embarrassing moment? Humor is around us every day, uncover it and use it as a stress release.

No comments:

Post a Comment