Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Friday, June 30, 2023

Fun Friday – What to expect when you’re expecting stress free travel plans

 


How do you plan for a trip? Do you recite a list in your head to make sure you have packed everything for your trip? Two things you must pack are your patience, and a sense of humor. This reminds me of the old American Express card commercial, never leave home without it.

One of my favorite bible stories growing up was about Sampson, and how God gave him physical strength in a time of dire need. I didn’t think I was in dire need the day I felt like I had the strength of Sampson. My miraculous episode of strength happened during a conference.

Rising before the sun, I pulled on my purple spandex workout pants, and matching tank top with a white swoosh on it. Off I went to the hotel fitness center. For the next 40 minutes I did squats, knee thrusts, used weights, and ended with a short yoga session.

At the end of my huffing and puffing I felt energized and ready for my first cup of coffee. A warm shower was a pre-curser to that cup of coffee.

Back in the room, I attempted to wash the sweat and workout germs from my hands. The bar of soap could hardly be considered a bar. It was the length of a business card, and only a little thicker.  A lather formed on my hands as I rubbed and sang the Happy Birthday song. Before I could sing round two of the song, the soap broke in half and hid itself in the lather.



The itty-bitty, teeny tiny soap didn’t hold up, under the pressure of my strong hands. I tossed the remnants of soap in the dish on the countertop and stepped into the shower hoping for better results, but that was not the case.

In the shower, there was no itty-bitty soap to contend with, instead there was body wash. The gel soap was in a metal container attached to the shower wall. The container looked sturdy…but it had not yet met my hands. I pressed the knob with the palm of my hand, and a squirt of the gel dropped into my hand, but so did the face of the container.



The little patience I packed, was begging to run out. The bright side was, each time a mishap occurred, my humor bone strengthened. I didn’t crush, crumble, or smash anything else during my trip, but there were other occurrences where I was glad I’d traveled with my sense of humor.

When you expect to have a stress-free trip, know that things happen, and the best laid plan can go off course. Pack your patience and your sense of humor and enjoy your journey.

What is something humorous that has happened during a trip you’ve taken?

No comments:

Post a Comment