Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Friday, June 16, 2023

Feel Good Friday – 10 Things that bring you joy

 


Joy – “a feeling of great pleasure and happiness.” What are you doing to experience your share of joy as often as possible? Do something today that gives you a feeling of happiness and great pleasure.

Don’t miss out on the joys in your life. An article I read suggested making a list of 10 things that bring you joy. For those who are writers, the article suggested that you write about one of the items in a journal, essay, or blog post.

For those who are not writers, don’t fret. Here’s your challenge…everyday for ten days, engage in one item from your list. What would you include as the 10 things that bring you joy? Below are 7 examples from my list:

1.      Relaxing on a lawn chair soaking up the sunshine

2.      Watching a Hallmark movie

3.      Reading a good book

4.      Laughing with family and friends

5.      Reading a devotional

6.      Experiencing a massage

7.      Sipping coffee and watching a sunrise

I could probably come up with a story to share related to each one of the items above, but I’ll share a quick one. I remember sitting in my backyard on a blanket on a warm sunny day during the COVID quarantine. I relaxed with a book, my bare feet, and birds tweet overhead.

An unwanted guest interrupted my relaxation. Out of my peripheral vision, a shadow swept past me. Was it a bunny, a chipmunk, a little bird who lost its’ way? No, it was a mouse. Minnie and Mickey Mouse are cute on TV, but not dashing through my backyard. I took up my blanket and left.

Now I enjoy the sunshine and breeze from the sliding door in my kitchen.

You may be able to come up with an extensive list of ways you find joy, if so, create a list of 30 things. Your task then becomes a 30-day challenge of seeking great pleasure and happiness. Go for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment