Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Monday, November 22, 2021

Motivational Monday – 5 Ways to Celebrate National Family Week

 

Photo Credit: courageouschristianfather.com

National Family was first proclaimed by President Nixon in 1972. It is recognized November 20 – 26 and is all about celebrating family. This is a great opportunity to express gratitude and enjoy those who you consider family.

Below are 5 ways you can celebrate National Family Week.

·         Have a family movie marathon – is there a favorite movie or collection of movies that you like to watch during the Holiday season? Start watching them now.

·         Have a family sports carnival – if your family is anything like mine, I’m sure you can find something around the house to include in your carnival. We have a basketball that needs air in it, a football that is rarely used (dormant in a corner), and a tennis ball tucked inside of a roller skate.

·         Make a special family breakfast

·         Hold a family game night – although my sons are older they still enjoy the thrill of a family game night. My younger son came home from college one weekend and said, “Ma, I have a new game that we need to pay.” He proceeded to demonstrate the game to me. He read a phrase from one of the game cards, except he was speaking in a garbled tone, then asked if I could understand what he was saying. My son finally told me that the game is called Incoherent, and I was supposed to guess what he was saying.

·         Be active together – take a walk through a park, your neighborhood, or a downtown area. It doesn’t matter where you go, get out and breathe in fresh air.

Celebrate your family this Holiday season by spending time doing more of the things you enjoy.

What would you add to the list of ways to celebrate National Family Week?

No comments:

Post a Comment