Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Friday, November 12, 2021

Fun Friday – Laughter Therapy – 5 Ways to practice laughing

 

Sometimes you have to amuse yourself.

Laughing is therapeutic. You don’t have to call a doctor for this type of therapy (unless you really need to), you can do it yourself or with a group of friends. When you’re feeling stressed, anxious, or agitated, find something that makes you laugh. When was the last time you laughed out loud?

Laughter is powerful, and according to the experts it reduces physical, mental, and emotional stress. I’m going to believe the experts, you know why..? I like to laugh, and I believe you do as well. Below are 5 Ways you can practice laughter therapy.

1.      Practice laughing five minutes a day.

2.      Laugh with other people – you don’t have to worry about being funny, just relax, and share laughs as they happen.

3.      Create your own laughter club.

4.      Amuse yourself with your own sense of humor.

5.      Look for humor – it’s all around you. Watch a funny TV show, search newspaper headlines (can be online or print edition – they still exist) or load fun games on your phone.

I am becoming an expert at amusing myself and finding humor around me. Here what I mean…

One thing I find challenging is eating the right combination of foods for weight loss. For some reason eating a family size bag of Skinny Pop popcorn over a couple of days, does not lead to weight loss. Since I am failing in this area, I sought help.

I signed up for a 30-day fitness challenge. As part of the challenge, it was suggested that I take before and after pictures of myself, which were to include front, side, and back views. I took photos and when I looked at them…I knew I had done the right thing by signing up for the challenge. I don’t know who stole my body that was once in shape, but I want it back.

It’s not that I’m totally out of shape, I’d just like a different shape, one that is not so…round. I am committed to working toward long, lean muscles, as the lady in my yoga video emphasizes. As I continue to be a work in progress, I will practice laughing through my efforts.

Laughing is therapeutic. What are your tips for including laughter in your day?

If you enjoyed this story, there are more like it in my eBook Laughter HELPS - A Happier, Healthier You. Order here.

No comments:

Post a Comment