Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Friday, November 26, 2021

Fun Friday – 3 Easy ways to amuse yourself with your own sense of humor

 


“A laugh a day keeps stress at bay,” that’s my mantra and I’m sticking to it. Last week I talked about laughter being therapeutic. One of the ways to use laughter as therapy is to explore your own sense of humor, amuse yourself.

My family is very helpful to me when it comes to finding things amusing. Our Thanksgiving is a small gathering of the immediate family. We each bring an item to mom’s house. My brother is the first to shout out, “I’ll bring the pop.” He doesn’t want to cook anything.

This year Mama said, “Let’s have a B.Y.O.B. celebration.” After a pregnant pause, she followed up with, “Everybody can… Bring Your Own Blankets.”

This leads us to the 3 ways to amuse yourself.

1.      Have fun with your family – as you enjoy time with family, something amusing is bound to happen. Kids will entertain you with things they do or say, pets even add their own flair. Relax and observe.

2.      Create a funny video – are you a fan of TikTok, Instagram Reels or some other social media outlet? It can be a video of you doing something funny, a pet, or a family member who is willing to join you.

3.      Make fun of yourself – this does not imply that you should be mean to yourself. Think about something funny that’s happened to you recently. I keep getting emails from Harry’s Men’s Razors. I deleted one the other day as I said, “I know my mustache is thick, but I don’t need your razor.”



Love yourself enough to laugh for the health of it every day. What are some ways you amuse yourself?

No comments:

Post a Comment