Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Tuesday, December 8, 2020

Muffins with Mom – Love and Laughter

 

Photo Credit: Esty

“Deck the hall with love and laughter,” that was the message on the inside wrapper my bite sized Dove chocolate. The message was designed for me, even though I devoured 4 pieces of chocolate to get to it. I believe love and laughter is a good combination, how about you what do you think?

Here’s how it looks in my family…

I love to laugh with my sons (sometimes at their expense).

We’re in need of new blinds for some of the windows at my house. My son and I went to the store where he used to work, I was counting on his expertise.

There was a high-low machine in the aisle, he started touching the gadgets, “This is new, they didn’t have this when I was here.”

“Can we stay focused? Stop touching things.” He was acting like a kid in a candy store.

There were so many options, I held up two styles and asked my son, “What’s the difference in these?”

“$80, and one comes with a remote control.”

“Oh, I don’t need another electronic that I don’t know how work.”

I selected the less expensive blinds. I didn’t need a remote control for my blinds, walking over to do it myself counts towards my exercise.

 

An Apple a Day



Apples are a favorite fruit at my house, especially Honeycrisp. In fact, the Honeycrisp has been center of family disagreements. I’ve heard statements such as:

“Who took the last apple, I didn’t get any?”

“Why are you hiding apples in the china cabinet?”

“You already had three apples today.”

And those were just my comments.

Have you heard the saying, out of sight out of mind? My son provides numerous examples of this when I ask him to grab something from the cabinet.

He says, “I don’t see it.” I knew all he did was hold the cabinet door open and look at eye level. He didn’t move anything around.

I beat my son at his own game. I bought a bag of shiny, crunchy, juice spurting Honeycrisp apples. I put and few in the fruit bowl and place the rest of the bag in a corner of the kitchen counter. Then I covered the bag with a paper towel. Far be it for him to move anything around without being asked.

A fresh bag of apples were all mine for several days before they were discovered.

Deck your halls with love and laughter, a perfect combination; How would you combine these two words?

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment