Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Monday, April 13, 2020

Motivational Monday – The Scavenger Hunt – How to Survive a Shopping Trip During the Coronavirus Pandemic

Photo Credit: Instructables

A trip to the store during the Coronavirus pandemic can be exhausting. The times I ‘ve ventured out to the store have been a cross between dressing for a costume party and participating in a scavenger hunt.

Before entering the store, I sit in my car and dress for the event by pulling my face mask over my mouth and nose. And like Cinderella going to the ball, I must have gloves. Only, I’m not going to a ball, instead, I’m in search of household items. And the gloves are latex. The scavenger hunt begins.

Dashing through the store in my personal protective equipment, I headed directly to the toilet paper aisle. The only thing on the shelf was a sign, taped to the edge that read, Due to the Coronavirus we are limiting the amount of some supplies that may be purchased. There was no Cottonelle, no Northern, not even a pack of Charmin to squeeze.

Since the only item I needed was toilet paper, I left that store and drove across town to a different store. It was the same result, nothing on the shelves except a sign. It didn’t take a detective to figure out I was not going to find buried treasure that day. I returned home to devise a plan for another day.

How do you survive a shopping trip during the Coronavirus? Here are 3 simple tips:
1.      Wear the appropriate safety items (face mask, gloves); Take other precautions as recommended by the CDC (Center for Disease Control).

2.      Have a plan of action – create a list of what you need before heading out to the store, this minimizes the amount of time you need to spend in the store.
3.      Shop early – items will be replenished, especially toilet paper. Be aware of store hours and services offered. Some stores offer early morning shopping for senior citizens, and curbside pick-up.

What has been your experience while shopping during this crisis of the Coronavirus?

“Don’t worry about anything, instead pray about everything. Tell God what you need and thank him for all he has done.”  Philippians 4:6 – New Living Translation



4 comments:

  1. Shopping is different. Our new normal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep. It's crazy! I ask myself, was it really necessary to buy so much toilet paper? If you need 20+ rolls of toilet paper for 2-4 weeks of staying home, something is seriously wrong!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. I finally found a pack today...had to plan my day around the purchase of toilet paper by getting out to the store before I was ready to leave the house. But if that's my only problem today, I accept it and move on (-:

      Delete