Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Monday, April 6, 2020

Motivational Monday – National Laugh at Work Week



Are you looking for a reason laugh, or just a reason to curve your lips into a smile? The week of April 1-7 is National Laugh at Work Week. Although many are now working from home, it still counts as work. With that being said, let’s celebrate by finding something to laugh about.

You can find humor in everyday situations. Whenever I try to relax it seems as though something comes up…a distraction. I have concluded that perhaps I don’t know how to relax; this is where I must smile at myself. In case you’re not sure whether you know how to relax, below are 3 sure signs you need to relax.

1.      You’re practicing Yoga, while secretly wishing the instructor would hurry up and finish so you can do something else.
2.      While meditating with eyes closed, you pop one eye open, to see if it is time to end your session of relaxation.
3.      You sit down to read a book and fall asleep after reading one page.

What situations have you experienced that have caused you to say, “I need to relax.”

As I reflect, I am reminded of a time I traveled on Southwest Airlines. They uniquely delivered humor in the workplace. Once all passengers were situated, the flight attendant began telling us all the safety rules. At the end of his explanation he said, “For the six of you who were paying attention, you will be safe.” Humor in the workplace.

Below is a clip of me finding humor at work in a situation that didn’t start out as funny.



While you’re working, take periodic breaks, call it a humor break. During your break read a comic strip, check out a 5-minute set of a comedian on YouTube, listen to a comedy podcast, or call a friend and share a laugh.

Find a reason to laugh at work every day this week.


No comments:

Post a Comment