Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Friday, April 10, 2020

Fun Friday – My WiFi Had a Nervous Breakdown




The mandated Stay Home order from our Governor has taken its toll on everyone, including inanimate objects, like my laptop. My laptop is on overload, so much that it has caused the WiFi to have a nervous breakdown. I should have noticed the signs.

My sons are home from colleges, all their classes are online due to the Coronavirus. Sitting at the dining room table, we each had our laptops open. One son was interacting with his Spanish instructor, while the other son was talking loudly and laughing with a group of classmates. I attempted to join a Zoom call with my work colleagues.

Time had slipped away, and I forgot about the call and tried to hurriedly log on. The volume of the chatter in my background sounded like a movie theater surround sound. One son was saying Como Esta’ into his computer microphone, while the other asked his classmates, “did you finish assignment three?”

I clicked the link for my Zoom call gave my salutation to everyone, then the screen began to flicker. My colleague’s voices sounded disjointed and underwater. The WiFi was going in and out. A message flashed across the screen saying, No internet connection. The WiFi was experiencing a nervous breakdown.

There was no doctor around (Computer Support) to provide a diagnosis. I did my best to coax the system along. I let it rest, rebooted, but the WiFi refused to work at full capacity. It was as though it ignored my efforts and simply said, “Girl bye.” There were too many people in my house attempting to use the WiFi at the same time.

Inanimate objects need rest too.

If you are working from home, be sure to indulge in self-care, for you and for your inanimate objects. Take breaks and rest when you need to.

I’ve heard grumbling that the dishwasher has a story to tell too.

No comments:

Post a Comment