Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Monday, April 27, 2020

Motivational Monday – Unexpected Moments Deliver Hope



What do you do when you’ve done all you can? Stand. Anchored in faith.

“Let’s go for a walk,” I said to my sons.

“Okay, I can use a break,” said one son.

“Count me in,” said the other son.

The sun lost the battle against the clouds and refused to shine. The sky transitioned in tones of blue and grey as we set off on our walk. The sidewalk seemed to shrink as we attempted to walk side by side.

“Ma, you’re pushing me into the grass,” said one son.

“She can’t come on my side or she’ll be on top of my shoulder,” said the other son.

The banter continued as my sons reflected on their teen years.

“I remember when this trail seemed like we were a long way from home in the woods,” my son said.

Our walk that led to reflection also revealed how much we have to be thankful for. There were moments the two attempted to speak in code about their teen years. I pretended not to understand. Ha.

We didn’t plan where we would walk or the length of time. We simply walked, talked, and reveled in outbursts of laughter. In unexpected moments as these we find hope, we find comfort, and we are reassured that our storms are only temporary.

There comes a point in our lives when as parents, we’ve done all we can. As caregivers to our aging parents, we’ve done all we can. As health care works, we’ve done all we can. Fighting the COVID-19 virus, we’ve done all we can.

It’s time to STAND. Let the Lord see you through.



In unexpected moments, hold onto a mustard seed of faith, hope, and joy.

Bonding - An unexpected moment of sibling togetherness


2 comments: