Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Friday, March 6, 2020

Fun Friday – What does a trip to the post office and menopause have in common?

What is your sense of smell like?
Photo Credit: Science ABC


It was lunch time, all I needed to do was make a quick stop at the post office to pick up a package. I guess everyone else had the same idea. The line wasn’t quite out the door, but there were enough of us to call it a crowd.

I stood in line and scrolled through messages on my phone as I waited. Then my Spidey senses began to tingle. My extreme superpower was beginning to react. The Six Million Dollar Man had a bionic eye. The Bionic Woman had super hearing. I’ve gained the superpower of a heightened sense of smell.

Someone breezed past me and left behind the bold scent of baby oil. It wasn’t bad, just bold. Not even a minute had passed when a breeze from another direction tickled my nose hairs. It was the scent of pancake syrup. There I stood contemplating whether I should go home and shower or make waffles with melted butter and syrup.

I blame the entire post office episode on a menopausal hormone imbalance. At the tender time in a woman’s life when she reaches half a century old, she can blame hormones for whatever she wants. Therefore, a trip to the post office can trigger a menopausal moment… but it will pass.

Menopausal moments come and they go. They can happen anywhere – the grocery store, the bank, while you’re sitting and relaxing. Find the humor in it, treat it like a superpower, and move on.

What situation have you experienced recently that caused you to uncover the humor?





No comments:

Post a Comment