Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Friday, March 20, 2020

Fun Friday – How to tackle weight loss goals during menopause?


Menopause is fun, Menopause is fun…said no one ever. You don’t have to be afraid of the big bad wolf, just know she’s lurking around. That girl called Minnie Pause will try to rob you of your senses (brain fog) and steal your energy (leaving you tired and not wanting to workout). Don’t fret, regroup and reassess your goals and priorities.

Weight gain. My grandmother used to call it the middle-aged spread. Experts say hormone changes during menopause can cause weight gain, but this is not the only factor; lifestyle and genetic factors also play a role. How do you handle weight loss challenges during menopause? Get right in their face, point your finger at them and say, “I’m not going down without a fight.”

Here are 3 ways to change your thought process for better weight loss success, by changing your goals

New Weight Loss Goals

1.      Ability to wear a shirt tucked in
2.      Ability to breathe normally after climbing a flight of stairs
3.      Make healthy eating choices

As soon as you become determined to set new goals there will be distractions and temptations. What do I mean?

I’m a nighttime snacker (daytime too), my food of choice is sweets. I set a goal to give up snacks for 30 days. On day four without sweets, the temptation happened. It was during my lunch break at work. I was at the drive-thru placing an order for my coffee, the voice from within the little box asked, “Would you like a chocolate chip cookie with that?”

The voice within my head screamed, “NO I don’t want a chocolate chip cookie. I just set new weight loss goals. Are you trying to derail my efforts?” I relaxed my scrunched eyebrows and said, “No thanks, just the coffee.” Whew, close call.

Menopause Ain’t No Joke.

Hula Hoop for fun and fitness
Menopause is not fun, but you can poke fun at it. Do you have tips for conquering weight loss goals?


No comments:

Post a Comment