Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Friday, February 28, 2020

Fun Friday – Be careful what you ask for

Photo Credit: Live Well Bake Often


"To make mistakes is human; to stumble is common place; to be able to laugh at yourself is maturity."
                                                                                      - William Arthur Ward


My morning begins with a warm cup of coffee with sweetener and a shot of Hazelnut. As I pulled up to the drive-thru window of my favorite coffee house I noticed a clear container filled with donut holes. Free samples? I didn’t ask.

The next day as my coffee was handed to me, I asked, “are those free samples?”

The cashier looked bewildered, so I pointed to the square container of donut holes. He said, “Oh, those are for dogs.”

I didn’t know what to say next so I smiled and said, “I have a dog at home.”  I’m sure I sounded like a four-year-old. I drove off, hoping the cashier would soon forget that episode. I don’t believe he forgot.

The next day when my coffee was handed to me, I glanced at the container, still filled with donut holes. This time, printed in black marker were the words, “Puppy Treats.”

It was clear to me and anyone else who would ask, the treats at the drive-thru were for dogs.
Be careful what you ask for, it may not be something that is meant for you.

Have you asked for anything lately that resulted in an embarrassing situation?


No comments:

Post a Comment