|Photo Credit: The Chronicle|
“Let all that you do be done in love.” - 1 Corinthians 16:14
Hearts, Valentine’s Day, Roses…February has been called the month of love. All my blog posts this week will focus on some form of Love. There are numerous forms of love – love for the Lord, parent/child love, love of a spouse, pet, and love for family and friends.
Today let’s look at expressions of love. The way one expresses love is a personal choice, but just for fun below are 7 creative ways to express love.
1. Be a listening ear – a friend or loved one may find comfort in having someone to listen to how their day went or listen to a struggle their facing.
2. Cuddle with someone
3. Listen to soothing music with someone
4. Visit someone who is ill
5. Perform a random act of kindness
6. Give a love coupon – create a specialized coupon; It could be for a romantic lunch, a date to the movies, a foot massage/neck massage (at home). Taylor the couple to the taste of the person you’ll give it to.
7. Schedule time to love yourself – do something for yourself…guilt free. If you feel like taking a nap in the middle of the day. Take a nap. You decide.
Here’s a challenge for you – every day for the next 7 days, show an expression of love to someone. You can say I love you, express love through action, write a love letter or anything else your creative mind stirs up. However, this expression of love must be expressed to a different person each day.
At the end of this challenge, you will have touched 7 lives in a special way, and you may feel differently as well. Leave a comment about your experience by midnight (EST) on February 17th and be entered in a drawing for a special gift (mailed to a winner within the US).
Just because I like music, below are two gospel songs related to love, for your listening pleasure.
YouTube Video Credit: Kirk Franklin
YouTube Video Credit: Earllegg423