Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Monday, February 24, 2020

Motivational Monday – Pray without ceasing

Photo Credit:Whatwomenshouldknow.org


Do you give up on something before you put forth the adequate effort? Do you quit after the first or second try? In baseball, it’s 3 strikes before you’re out. In picture book writing the main character encounters a challenge 3 times before the problem is resolved. The Bible says we should forgive a person 70 times 7 (which symbolizes boundlessness). Things take time.

Don’t Quit. Pray without ceasing.

Reflect on a situation where experienced setback, after setback and it didn’t seem like the struggle would end. But you made it through. Nothing is impossible with God.
Don’t Quit.

It was late evening after his high school basketball practice when my son called me and said, “Ma my car broke down again.”

The school was a fifteen-minute drive from our home, down non-lit back roads, past cornfields. I told my son to see if he could get a ride home and we would deal with it the next day. It was November in Michigan, snowy one day, bitter cold and dry the next.

The next morning, I drove my son to school, we had to arrive before 7am because his car was stalled in the bus lane. The car, an old model Buick, was at the edge of a circular drive. The circular drive was too long and curvy for us to push the car forward. We devised a plan.

Coats zipped to the neck and gloves on, we worked our plan. My son got behind the wheel to steer. He put the car in reverse because this was a shorter distance into the parking area.  I pushed from the front of the car. It didn’t budge. Daylight was beginning to break through the charcoal sky. We needed to move the car before the buses began to roll in.

I said, “Lord we need some help.” My son got out of the car and pushed from the front. We had the driver’s side door open. I planted myself in a squat position and pushed/pulled, turned the steering wheel, whatever I could do. We made progress and backed the car up enough to stop at the entrance of the parking area.

We returned the car gear to Neutral. My fingers felt like icicles inside my gloves, but we gained traction. We grunted and we pushed, inch by inch, until we reach a parking space. Slightly crooked, we left the car as it was and locked the doors. Less than five minutes passed as we heard air brakes. The first yellow school bus pulled into the circular drive of the school.

A prayer was answered. My son’s car was away from danger and so were we.

Don’t quit. Pray without ceasing.

You are prosperous, you are triumphant, you are blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment