Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Friday, August 16, 2019

Fun Friday – National Tell a Joke Day



It’s all about the funny. National tell a Joke Day is celebrated on August 16th. Is there anyone among us who does not like to laugh? Celebrate tell a joke day by telling a joke, reading something funny, or watching a romantic comedy (oh wait that’s what I like to do).

Is there a joke that you remember from your childhood or one that your child likes to tell? From my childhood, I remember Dixie cups that had jokes on them. In my grandmother’s kitchen, there was a red, hard plastic cup dispenser screwed into the wall. It was low enough for my 3ft younger self to reach.

During my sons’ childhood we slurped on purple, red and orange popsicles, sometimes biting them, to reach the empty stick. The end of each Popsicle stick had a joke engraved on it. Below are a few of those jokes I found online.

·         What does a tree do when it’s ready to go home?                It leaves.
·         How does a computer catch a fish?                                      With it’s internet
·         What did Mr. and Mrs. Hamburger name their daughter?     Patty
·         Why did the teacher jump in the pool?                                  To test the water

Please don’t hold me accountable if you didn’t find these jokes funny. I’m pretty sure they are more appealing to a child than an adult. You may find that some of the jokes and humor stories in Reader’s Digest tickle your funny bone. Below are jokes compliments of Reader’s Digest.

·         A man tells his doctor, ”Doc, help me. I’m addicted to Twitter!”
The doctor replies, “sorry, I don’t follow you…”
·         What kind of exercises do lazy people do?                Diddly Squats
·         How does Moses make tea?                                      He brews it
·         Hear about the new restaurant called Karma?
There’s no menu: You get what you deserve

Your turn. Share a favorite joke you’ve heard (keep it clean).

What are your suggestions for celebrating National Tell a Joke Day?

No comments:

Post a Comment