Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Friday, May 4, 2018

Fun Friday - My funny family


A matter of opinion
All I wanted to do was to find a nice dress for a special event. I tried on dress after dress – A-lined dresses, straight dresses, flowers, solid colors. Shopping was draining. My mother often provides constructive feedback on our rare shopping excursions. This time she wasn’t with me.

In the fitting room, I posed in front of the long mirror and snapped a picture. The blush colored dress was sort of cute, it was knee length and has spaghetti straps. Just in time for summer vacation. I texted the picture to my mom and her response was, “that one’s kinda cute. You might want to wear a girdle with it though.”

“I AM wearing a girdle.”

I left that dress in the fitting room and went home to make sure my gym membership had not expired.

Dishwashing
Passing like two ships in the night, it’s not uncommon for my son and me to miss seeing each other. Our schedules don’t always coincide. Many times we correspond through text messages. As we passed each other in the kitchen one day, I said, “Can you help me out and wash the dishes?”
“I’ll do them when I come in form work.”

He must have been at work for two days, because those dishes did not seem to move. I washed the dishes. The next afternoon while at work, I received a text from my son. The message said, “We are going to have to talk about your dishwashing skills when you get home. It’s ok this time, I’ll let it slide. Lol.”

“I just wanted to get them done.”

“It looks like you might have washed them while blindfolded.”

The crying emoji that followed his comment, told me his sense of humor was at its peak.

What funny things have your family members said or done lately?


No comments:

Post a Comment