Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Tasty Tuesday – 3 Tips for healthy eating



I...like…food. There I said it, confession complete. You may be like me in the sense that you like food, but you don’t want to look like the foods you eat. If you want to get rid of that muffin top belly, back away from the chocolate chip muffin. Don’t want to look alike popped can of biscuits? Leave the biscuits for someone else.

So you want to eat healthy…below are 3 tips to get you started

1.      Don’t starve yourself – eating one meal a day will not necessarily jump start your healthy eating. It can in fact, cause you to binge eat later. In a nutrition challenge with a group of ladies, we learned that eating more often, helps with weight loss. Eating 5-6 times a day of the right foods works.

Eating more often does not mean full course meals. Perhaps you have egg whites and fruit for your first meal. A few hours later you have nut and a protein drink. Just an example. Carry healthy snacks with you to keep you from grabbing a bag of chips.

2.      Fill your plate with veggies first - select your favorite veggies and load up, add some protein and a glass of water. You’re on your way.

3.      Drink Water – always include water in your day. My goal is no less than 64 ounces per day. During our nutrition challenge, our goal was 128 ounces of water. We combined fitness and nutrition. For me, when I workout, it’s easier to achieve my water goal throughout the day.

I like food and it’s okay.

And here’s my disclaimer: I am not a nutritionist, nor am I in the medical field. I’m just a recovering “big” girl. Consult with your doctor before beginning any health program.

What is one thing that you will change in an effort to eat healthy?

No comments:

Post a Comment