Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Friday, March 1, 2013

Feel Good Friday – Snow Day


A blistery snow storm recently hit parts of Michigan. It started out as a gentle snow with fluffy white stuff floating through the air like soft cotton. After falling over night changing from snow to rain, rain to snow…we awoke to mounds of the white stuff.
I waited for the official school closings to scroll across my TV screen before proceeding with my day, 3-2-1…Schools were closed. Tree limbs were down, snow needed to be plowed, but most of all, schools were closed. It was a SNOW DAY!

I let the boys sleep a couple of extra hours then sent them outside to clear away snow. When I looked out the window I noticed that the neighbor on my left had already plowed our sidewalk. Since the boys were only left with clearing our driveway, I asked them to shovel the walkway for the neighbor on the other side of us. Done.
It was a warm fuzzy feeling to experience neighbors helping each other. My younger son went down the street and helped his friend shovel snow. As soon as they were done, it was all fun and games.

Meanwhile, inside the house, I was enjoying a snow day of my own. Surrounded by books, sipping hot chocolate and sitting at the computer, it was momentary bliss.
Photo credit:  Shon Smith
 
What would you do if you had a snow day or a free day to do whatever you wanted?

2 comments:

  1. A pot of coffee and the company of my coffee-loving sister would be nice on a snow day. Glad you got to enjoy yours. :)

    ReplyDelete