Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Monday, March 18, 2013

Monday Musings – What’s on your do not do list?


Do not challenge your child to a dare...he might take you up on it.
 
Many times we create “To Do” lists with extensive things we want to accomplish. The other day I heard a radio personality ask the question, “What would you put on a ‘Do Not Do’ list?” Most of the responses were related to things done at church.
I thought it would be fun to expand the ‘Do Not Do’ list and include any topic area, not just church. Here is the list I came up with.

1.      Do not yell back at the actors in a movie – they can’t hear you.

2.      Do not ask your child, “Why did you do that?” They will respond with, “I don’t know.”

3.      Do not sit in church and eat chips and pop like you’re at a movie theater.

4.      Do not show up at your teen child’s school and think he will welcome you with open arms. My son actually begged me not to come back.

5.      Do not take your child to a loud play area then complain about your surroundings – “There sure are a lot of kids here and it’s noisy.”

 What would you include on a 'do not do' list?

2 comments:

  1. I love this list, Angela!

    Making such a list sounds like a good idea. It will relieve us of some of our frustrations because people aren't behaving the way we want them to.

    Long ago, I told my husband, "Do not expect others to be in a cleaning mood just because you are." These words have come back to haunt me since I am the only one who cleans now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda, I like your addition to the list. So true about being in the mood to clean (-:

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete